MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- Credit: PPL
Selaine Saxby, MP for North Devon, has arranged and will participate in a virtual funding workshop, with People’s Postcode Lottery, for local charities, volunteer organisations, and community groups in North Devon.
The session will give good causes in Ms Saxby’s constituency advice on how they can apply for funds to make a difference in their community.
The live Zoom event takes place on May 18th at 2.30pm.
More than £10.6 million, raised thanks to People’s Postcode Lottery players, funded thousands of community groups and good causes across Britain last year. Thanks to changes to the charity lottery regulations and increasing support from players, over 3,500 grassroots organisations will receive a share of an almost £17 million funding pot in 2021.
Over £50,000, raised by People’s Postcode Lottery players, has already made a difference to many small, local good causes in North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Selaine Saxby MP said: “Across North Devon we have so many selfless people working hard for good causes, and I am really pleased that many are eligible for funding from People’s Postcode Lottery. I know how useful this funding has been in the past to charities in our local area, and I very much hope that organisations old and new will be successful in future funding applications. I look forward to meeting with local representatives on the day and working alongside them on how they can make the strongest bids possible for this enormously helpful funding.”
Head of Charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, Laura Chow added: “The money raised by players of People’s Postcode Lottery is making a huge difference in communities across the country. We want to do all we can to help local charities and good causes successfully apply – particularly at a time when many are losing out on essential funds. Our free virtual workshop is a useful opportunity for smaller, local charities and groups to find out about the funding available, get pointers on applying and ask us any questions.”
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 6 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 9 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
More than £700 million has been raised for thousands of charities and good causes, thanks to players of People’s Postcode Lottery. To attend contact email@example.com by May 16th.