Free support for local sport clubs
Help being offered to help clubs satisfy the Olympic effect.
SPORT clubs in the North Devon and Torridge are being offered free support to help them cope with the increased level of demand following the greatest Olympic and Paralympic Games in history.
Active Devon say web visits to their sports clubs directory increased by 95 per cent during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The county-wide sport partnership is holding a club support evening on Monday night at Barnstaple Rugby Club.
The workshop will give clubs information about the latest programmes and help to manage and grow membership levels. It will also focus on developing school links and identifying and applying for funding.
You may also want to watch:
Active Devon spokesperson Stuart Dudley said: “There is such a wealth of support available out there to help clubs manage this increase in demand, and sustain and expand membership levels.
“Most club representatives are extremely busy and we have found in the past that this ‘one-stop-shop’ format has enabled many of them to go on and make successful funding applications to improve facilities, increase membership or develop provision.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
Sport Clubs interested in attending should visit www.activedevon.org/clubsupport for further details or call 01392 263674 to reserve a place.