Free summer fun in Bicclescombe Park
FREE summer activities are planned for all the family during the holidays at Bicclescombe Park in Ilfracombe, North Devon s Green Flag Award winning park. The activities are being organised by the Parks and Amenities Team at North Devon Council who are
FREE summer activities are planned for all the family during the holidays at Bicclescombe Park in Ilfracombe, North Devon's Green Flag Award winning park.
The activities are being organised by the Parks and Amenities Team at North Devon Council who are working with other organisations to offer an exciting programme of activities for everyone to enjoy:
* Art workshop, Tuesday, July 28, 11am - 3pm, one hour sessions (booking required). Make your own T-shirt, eight - 14 year olds.
* Raventales storytelling, Tuesday, August 4, sessions at 1pm and 2pm (no booking required). Meet the giant Bellever, four - 12 year olds.
You may also want to watch:
* Meet Mrs Recycle, Tuesday 11 August, 11am - 3pm, drop-in sessions (no booking required). Arts and craft activities using recycled materials, five - 14 year olds (under eights to be accompanied by an adult).
* Make a bottle rainforest, Monday 17 August, 11am - 3pm, one hour sessions (booking required). With Exmoor Zoo, six - 14 year olds.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
* Project dance, Friday 28 August, 1pm - 3pm, four half-hour sessions (booking required). Free style, street dance, hip-hop and a fun routine, five - 14 year olds.
On Tuesday, July 28 there is also the opportunity to join in the Green Flag raising ceremony at 12 noon. The flag has been awarded to Bicclescombe Park for the sixth year running.
Councillor Colin Wright, Ward Member for Ilfracombe West, said: "These summer holiday activities follow on from other successfully run events during the Easter holidays. I encourage local residents to come along and join in the fun and hope that the programme offers something for everyone."
If you would like further information about any of the activities please contact the Parks and Amenities Team at North Devon Council on 01271 388326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Places for some of the activities are limited so early bookings are advised.