SIR - Mr Purser of Landkey drew attention to the fact that the UKIP party leader, Lord Pearson, recently invited the Dutch politician Geert Wilders to show his anti-Islam film in the House of Lords. He goes on to say make your choice (in the election) wi
SIR - Mr Purser of Landkey drew attention to the fact that the UKIP party leader, Lord Pearson, recently invited the Dutch politician Geert Wilders to show his anti-Islam film in the House of Lords.
He goes on to say "make your choice (in the election) with your eyes and ears open" - an elegant caution.
UKIP doesn't just "claim" to be non-racist. Among our candidates in this General Election are some who are black, some who are Asian, some who are Muslim... people of all kinds, who want to stand up for the UK's independence, our democracy and our way of life.
What all kinds of people agree on in this country today is that uncontrolled mass immigration is a huge concern. I have heard this from a white ornithologist on Bodmin Moor, an Asian businessman in the Midlands and an African-Caribbean social worker in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
For many years, discussion of the Government's policy of mass immigration was suppressed, through fear of "racism." It is the settled communities of immigrants who have most to lose from this.
Geert Wilders has a view on Islam, which he should be allowed to express. He is not just some crank. He is, in fact, likely to be the next Prime Minister of the Netherlands, a famously liberal country which is now extremely worried about its future.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
UKIP is a party which refuses to be intimidated into politically correct silence - on the EU, on immigration, or on any other subject that the people of this country (whatever their colour or faith) are legitimately concerned about.
Perhaps Mr Purser will join us?
for North Devon,