More free parking for town centre car parks during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Council is offering an extra two hours of free parking in its town centre car parks during lockdown.
The council has announced six of its car parks will now be free from 4pm in a bid to encourage shoppers to use local independent traders for click and collect services.
The two hours of extra parking will be available in Barnstaple’s Cattle Market, Tuly Street, Queen Street and Bear Street car parks, as well as Wilder Road in Ilfracombe and South Molton Central.
Charges remain in force in all other council car parks in North Devon, and between 8am and 4pm in the car parks mentioned.
NDC leader, Councillor David Worden, said: “Councillors have agreed to allow a set period of free parking at a designated time to support local businesses during the second period of lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
“This will help customers to make use of click and collect and other services so people can continue to support their local high street.
“During this second period of lockdown, many of our local businesses remain open, if they are essential, or are offering online services. Please continue to support them whenever you can during these difficult times, even if you aren’t able to visit in person.”
The council is compiling a lockdown shopping directory of independent businesses who are remaining open or offering alternative ways to shop.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Local businesses are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org, should they wish to be included in the directory.