Free North Devon event for holiday park owners
TORRIDGE and North Devon District Councils are hosting a free training event and trade fair aimed at raising awareness of the key health and safety issues facing holiday park owners in the area. It will take place at the Golden Coast Holiday Village in Wo
TORRIDGE and North Devon District Councils are hosting a free training event and trade fair aimed at raising awareness of the key health and safety issues facing holiday park owners in the area.
It will take place at the Golden Coast Holiday Village in Woolacombe on February 10 at 9am and is being held in partnership with the Health and Safety Executive and the South West Tourist Board.
Caravan, camping and holiday park owners can expect plenty of practical advice at the half-day event on how to avoid risk to staff and visitors and enable them to comply with the law.
There will be expert speakers from the police, the fire and rescue service, the HSE, the SWTB and the two councils' environmental health teams.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a trade fair with exhibitors from a range of suppliers.
Torridge Lead Member for Public Protection and Health and Safety, Cllr Andrew Saywell, will be speaking at the event. He said: "I would urge all holiday camp owners to attend if possible. Torridge is committed to the safety of its residents, businesses and visitors to the area and this is another example of how working together Torridge and North Devon Councils can offer a service that covers all of northern Devon."
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
North Devon Council Lead Member for Environmental Health Cllr Pat Barker will also be there. She said: "The tourist trade plays an important part in the economy of northern Devon. This free event is the ideal opportunity for holiday park owners to refresh their knowledge and get advice about health and safety issues that are unique to the industry. Events like this help local businesses and organisations work together to make North Devon the perfect holiday destination."
Bookings will be on a first come, first served basis. For further information, contact Andrea Harborne from South West Tourism on (01392) 353220, e-mail email@example.com. Or contact the environmental health teams at Torridge on (01237) 428821 or North Devon on (01271) 388317.