Free men’s haircuts for Bideford Foodbank
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Cuts for Cans or Cash event at Petroc Hair Academy on Saturday, March 30.
STUDENTS and staff at Petroc Hair Academy will be offering free men’s haircuts on Saturday, March 30 in return for donations of food in support of Bideford Foodbank.
As part of Cuts for Cans or Cash, people are invited to donate tins, packet food, pasta, long life milk or other items that will qualify them for a top quality barber experience at the academy on Roundswell Business Park in Barnstaple.
Eight staff and student stylists have offered their services for free for the event, which runs from 10am-2pm.
It has been organised by Nicky Leeds, a mature student at the Hair Academy, who wanted to do something for local families in need after discovering one her clients did not have enough money to feed their family.
You may also want to watch:
“I am inspired and touched by the work of the Foodbank and am moved to do something constructive to provide families much needed groceries to alleviate the situation they find themselves in,” she said.
The students have also organised a children’s poster competition and a grand raffle with prizes, including tickets for Let’s Go Superbowl, an introductory driving lesson from Pro Drive and a portrait sitting to the value of £35 with Andy Casey Photography.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Bideford Foodbank volunteers will be assisting at the event by providing refreshments for customers and to answer any questions that they might have.