Free fun day aboard historic Bideford schooner
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May. The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George s Day. M
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May.
The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George's Day.
Mayor of Bideford Cllr Andy Powell will formally open the event, announcing the benefits to Bideford of having the historic sailing ship moored on the Torridge. He will also present a plaque to East-the-Water School and achievement awards to youth organisations.
Major attractions will include the ex-Radio One roadshow, Appledore Silver Band and the poplar sea shanty singers, Mariners Away. The audience will be invited to join in the singing and flag waving while Barnstaple Operatic Society performs popular songs from the last night of the proms.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the Winkleigh Morrismen, a children's merry-go-round, face painting, refreshment bar, beer tent, ice cream, the Big Yellow Digger, tombola and other interesting stalls. The event starts at midday and runs until 5pm.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'