Free fun day aboard historic Bideford schooner
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May. The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George s Day. M
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May.
The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George's Day.
Mayor of Bideford Cllr Andy Powell will formally open the event, announcing the benefits to Bideford of having the historic sailing ship moored on the Torridge. He will also present a plaque to East-the-Water School and achievement awards to youth organisations.
Major attractions will include the ex-Radio One roadshow, Appledore Silver Band and the poplar sea shanty singers, Mariners Away. The audience will be invited to join in the singing and flag waving while Barnstaple Operatic Society performs popular songs from the last night of the proms.
There will also be the Winkleigh Morrismen, a children's merry-go-round, face painting, refreshment bar, beer tent, ice cream, the Big Yellow Digger, tombola and other interesting stalls. The event starts at midday and runs until 5pm.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 8 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 9 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers