Free fun day aboard historic Bideford schooner
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May. The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George s Day. M
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May.
The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George's Day.
Mayor of Bideford Cllr Andy Powell will formally open the event, announcing the benefits to Bideford of having the historic sailing ship moored on the Torridge. He will also present a plaque to East-the-Water School and achievement awards to youth organisations.
Major attractions will include the ex-Radio One roadshow, Appledore Silver Band and the poplar sea shanty singers, Mariners Away. The audience will be invited to join in the singing and flag waving while Barnstaple Operatic Society performs popular songs from the last night of the proms.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the Winkleigh Morrismen, a children's merry-go-round, face painting, refreshment bar, beer tent, ice cream, the Big Yellow Digger, tombola and other interesting stalls. The event starts at midday and runs until 5pm.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice