Free fun day aboard historic Bideford schooner
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May. The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George s Day. M
BIDEFORD is gearing up for free fun day tomorrow (Saturday) aboard and alongside the historic schooner Kathleen and May.
The Friends of the Kathleen and May are holding an open day at Brunswick Wharf, East the Water, as a celebration of St George's Day.
Mayor of Bideford Cllr Andy Powell will formally open the event, announcing the benefits to Bideford of having the historic sailing ship moored on the Torridge. He will also present a plaque to East-the-Water School and achievement awards to youth organisations.
Major attractions will include the ex-Radio One roadshow, Appledore Silver Band and the poplar sea shanty singers, Mariners Away. The audience will be invited to join in the singing and flag waving while Barnstaple Operatic Society performs popular songs from the last night of the proms.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the Winkleigh Morrismen, a children's merry-go-round, face painting, refreshment bar, beer tent, ice cream, the Big Yellow Digger, tombola and other interesting stalls. The event starts at midday and runs until 5pm.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?