Free cycle fun day to roll into Barnstaple
DEVON County Council s cycling fun days will freewheel into Barnstaple on Bank Holiday Monday. The town will be launched as the county s fourth cycling hub when it hosts the event at Rock Park from 10am to 4pm. The council has been awarded a �2 million
DEVON County Council's cycling fun days will freewheel into Barnstaple on Bank Holiday Monday.
The town will be launched as the county's fourth cycling "hub" when it hosts the event at Rock Park from 10am to 4pm. The council has been awarded a �2 million grant from Cycling England to promote leisure cycling and is holding the fun days in five towns across Devon to encourage people to take to two wheels.
The fun day will provide a chance for regular cyclists, absolute beginners and non-cyclists to enjoy a ride along the Tarka Trail.
Other entertainment will include mountain bike trials displays, a cycle circus, and vintage bike exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
A "bike clinic" will offer free bike security marking and health checks.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "The aim is for people to enjoy themselves, whether they are new to cycling or not and to either take up cycling or cycle more often. Everyone's welcome to turn up with their bike and take part. Even if you haven't got a bike there will be some available for people to try, so there are no excuses not to come along and have a go.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
"We would ask everyone considering coming along to take care on their journey to Rock Park and we recommend that participants wear a helmet when cycling.