Free cycle fun day to roll into Barnstaple
DEVON County Council s cycling fun days will freewheel into Barnstaple on Bank Holiday Monday. The town will be launched as the county s fourth cycling hub when it hosts the event at Rock Park from 10am to 4pm. The council has been awarded a �2 million
DEVON County Council's cycling fun days will freewheel into Barnstaple on Bank Holiday Monday.
The town will be launched as the county's fourth cycling "hub" when it hosts the event at Rock Park from 10am to 4pm. The council has been awarded a �2 million grant from Cycling England to promote leisure cycling and is holding the fun days in five towns across Devon to encourage people to take to two wheels.
The fun day will provide a chance for regular cyclists, absolute beginners and non-cyclists to enjoy a ride along the Tarka Trail.
Other entertainment will include mountain bike trials displays, a cycle circus, and vintage bike exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
A "bike clinic" will offer free bike security marking and health checks.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "The aim is for people to enjoy themselves, whether they are new to cycling or not and to either take up cycling or cycle more often. Everyone's welcome to turn up with their bike and take part. Even if you haven't got a bike there will be some available for people to try, so there are no excuses not to come along and have a go.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
"We would ask everyone considering coming along to take care on their journey to Rock Park and we recommend that participants wear a helmet when cycling.