Free cycle fun day to roll into Barnstaple
DEVON County Council s cycling fun days will freewheel into Barnstaple on Bank Holiday Monday. The town will be launched as the county s fourth cycling hub when it hosts the event at Rock Park from 10am to 4pm. The council has been awarded a �2 million
DEVON County Council's cycling fun days will freewheel into Barnstaple on Bank Holiday Monday.
The town will be launched as the county's fourth cycling "hub" when it hosts the event at Rock Park from 10am to 4pm. The council has been awarded a �2 million grant from Cycling England to promote leisure cycling and is holding the fun days in five towns across Devon to encourage people to take to two wheels.
The fun day will provide a chance for regular cyclists, absolute beginners and non-cyclists to enjoy a ride along the Tarka Trail.
Other entertainment will include mountain bike trials displays, a cycle circus, and vintage bike exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
A "bike clinic" will offer free bike security marking and health checks.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "The aim is for people to enjoy themselves, whether they are new to cycling or not and to either take up cycling or cycle more often. Everyone's welcome to turn up with their bike and take part. Even if you haven't got a bike there will be some available for people to try, so there are no excuses not to come along and have a go.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
"We would ask everyone considering coming along to take care on their journey to Rock Park and we recommend that participants wear a helmet when cycling.