Free cinema tickets for North Devon schoolchildren
National Schools Film Week from October 17-21 invites teachers to take their classes into Barnstaple and Ilfracombe cinemas
SCHOOLCHILDREN across North Devon are being given the opportunity to see free movies at their local cinema this October as part of National Schools Film Week.
From Monday, October 17 until Friday 21, the Film Education charity is offering free tickets for shows at both Ilfracombe Embassy Cinema and Barnstaple Central Cinema.
Under the banner “Engage, Empower and Explore,” the festival aims to support classroom work by providing schools with a powerful experience for students that links directly to elements of the curriculum.
This is backed up by an online library of resources for teachers that can be used in the classroom, relating to individual films and more generic topics.
You may also want to watch:
There are films to suit a range of school ages running at both cinemas every day throughout the week.
“Our hope is for teachers and students to feel massively engaged in the festival,” said Nick Walker, festival director.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“It is an incredible opportunity not only to build the adventurous, film-loving audience of the future but also to develop the kinds of passion in young people more likely to make them more receptive to this collectively experienced art form.”
Teachers from North Devon schools are urged to book their free tickets online and find out more about the festival at www.nationalschoolsfilmweek.org.