Free BBC workshops for creative teenagers in Barnstaple Square
CREATIVE young people aged 13 -19 will soon be able to unleash their imagination in a series of free workshops in Barnstaple, run by BBC Blast. This is a unique scheme that encourages and supports teenagers who want to start a career in creative indust
CREATIVE young people aged 13 -19 will soon be able to unleash their imagination in a series of free workshops in Barnstaple, run by BBC Blast.
This is a unique scheme that encourages and supports teenagers who want to start a career in creative industries, such as music, dance, fashion, film, art or design.
It provides access to industry professionals online, gives young people the opportunities to showcase talent, enter competitions and get exclusive access to selected work experience placements.
Each year, as part of the scheme, the BBC takes Blast on a national tour, giving teenagers the opportunity to get some hands-on experience and training in a wide variety of free multi-media workshops. This year, for the first time, the BBC has chosen Barnstaple as one of the destinations on the tour.
You may also want to watch:
Blast will bring professional equipment and media industry experts to the new Barnstaple Square from August 6-8, building an impressive mobile creative village complete with digital workshop spaces and a separate performance area.
Teenagers can use state-of-the-art equipment to produce their own work with advice and support from industry professionals, including BBC production staff.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Sian Lord, Editor for BBC Blast said: "The idea of being creative can be pretty daunting, if you don't consider yourself to be particularly artistic. But in fact there's some creativity in all of us and sometimes all you need is a bit of inspiration. BBC Blast is all about inspiring young people to explore their own creativity, through technology and interactivity"
"The BBC Blast Tour is a real unique opportunity for young people from the local area to get some real hands on experience and get training from the industry experts. The best bit of all, is that it's absolutely free!"
A selection of films, music, poetry, dance and radio pieces created will be shown to the public at the BBC Blast Film Screening at 5.30pm on theFriday and the Blast Talent Showcase on Saturday at 5pm, where the future stars of the area showing off their new skills!
All workshops and showcases are free, for more details and to sign up see www.bbc.co.uk/blast/events or email email@example.com