Foyer upgrade at Barnstaple hospital
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple. The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier a
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier access to departments, and new flooring to improve cleanliness and reduce slips, trips and falls.
The refurbished foyer will be finished by April this year.
Every week, thousands of people will use the concourse, which links to the hospital's new outpatients department.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public, staff from Northern Devon Healthcare Trust and Sodexo, which runs a caf�, shop and porter service from the foyer, have also helped to develop the plans.
Iain Roy, director of facilities said: "The foyer has not been updated for nearly 10 years. Upgrading the facilities is essential for us to provide a modern, pleasant environment for our patients and visitors.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
"We hope that people will bear with us while this important work is carried out - the completed refurbishment will provide improved facilities for many years to come.