Foyer upgrade at Barnstaple hospital
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple. The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier a
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier access to departments, and new flooring to improve cleanliness and reduce slips, trips and falls.
The refurbished foyer will be finished by April this year.
Every week, thousands of people will use the concourse, which links to the hospital's new outpatients department.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public, staff from Northern Devon Healthcare Trust and Sodexo, which runs a caf�, shop and porter service from the foyer, have also helped to develop the plans.
Iain Roy, director of facilities said: "The foyer has not been updated for nearly 10 years. Upgrading the facilities is essential for us to provide a modern, pleasant environment for our patients and visitors.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
"We hope that people will bear with us while this important work is carried out - the completed refurbishment will provide improved facilities for many years to come.