Foyer upgrade at Barnstaple hospital
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple. The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier a
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier access to departments, and new flooring to improve cleanliness and reduce slips, trips and falls.
The refurbished foyer will be finished by April this year.
Every week, thousands of people will use the concourse, which links to the hospital's new outpatients department.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public, staff from Northern Devon Healthcare Trust and Sodexo, which runs a caf�, shop and porter service from the foyer, have also helped to develop the plans.
Iain Roy, director of facilities said: "The foyer has not been updated for nearly 10 years. Upgrading the facilities is essential for us to provide a modern, pleasant environment for our patients and visitors.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
"We hope that people will bear with us while this important work is carried out - the completed refurbishment will provide improved facilities for many years to come.