Foyer upgrade at Barnstaple hospital
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple. The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier a
A NEW-look public foyer is taking shape at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The enhanced entrance will feature an improved reception area, clearer information for patients and visitors, a taxi and pick-up waiting area, better seating, easier access to departments, and new flooring to improve cleanliness and reduce slips, trips and falls.
The refurbished foyer will be finished by April this year.
Every week, thousands of people will use the concourse, which links to the hospital's new outpatients department.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public, staff from Northern Devon Healthcare Trust and Sodexo, which runs a caf�, shop and porter service from the foyer, have also helped to develop the plans.
Iain Roy, director of facilities said: "The foyer has not been updated for nearly 10 years. Upgrading the facilities is essential for us to provide a modern, pleasant environment for our patients and visitors.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
"We hope that people will bear with us while this important work is carried out - the completed refurbishment will provide improved facilities for many years to come.