Four-year-old boy suffers life-threatening injuries in Holsworthy collision
- Credit: Archant
The collision involving one vehicle happened on the A3072 between Holsworthy and Bude.
A FOUR-year-old was airlifted to Derriford Hospital after a collision between Holsworthy and Bude on Saturday afternoon.
The single-vehicle collision took place on the A3072 between Weekstone Cross and Weekstone Cottage near Holsworthy, at around 1.15pm.
The boy was originally airlifted to Derriford Hospital, but at 9.30pm police said he has been transferred to Frechay Hospital with life-threatening head injuries.
A 32-year-old woman, the other occupant of the blue Honda jazz, sustained back injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police said both casualties were local, and 8.10am today (Mon) there had been no update on the boy’s condition.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended the incident, and the road was closed for some time while collision investigation work took place.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
Fire crews from Holsworthy, Bude and Bodmin attended the collision and RAF Chivenor crews were also on scene.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to contact them by calling 101 quoting reference 367 160313.