Four-year-old boy suffers life-threatening injuries in Holsworthy collision
- Credit: Archant
The collision involving one vehicle happened on the A3072 between Holsworthy and Bude.
A FOUR-year-old was airlifted to Derriford Hospital after a collision between Holsworthy and Bude on Saturday afternoon.
The single-vehicle collision took place on the A3072 between Weekstone Cross and Weekstone Cottage near Holsworthy, at around 1.15pm.
The boy was originally airlifted to Derriford Hospital, but at 9.30pm police said he has been transferred to Frechay Hospital with life-threatening head injuries.
A 32-year-old woman, the other occupant of the blue Honda jazz, sustained back injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police said both casualties were local, and 8.10am today (Mon) there had been no update on the boy’s condition.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended the incident, and the road was closed for some time while collision investigation work took place.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
Fire crews from Holsworthy, Bude and Bodmin attended the collision and RAF Chivenor crews were also on scene.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to contact them by calling 101 quoting reference 367 160313.