The fire service was called to Morans Thai Restaurant on Sunday evening

Four people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at Morans Restaurant in Westward Ho! last night (Sunday).

The fire service was called to the Thai restaurant at around 7.15pm to what turned out to be a plastic bin on fire, but the premises were heavily smoke-logged.

South western Ambulance Service was called to attend and treated four people on scene for the effects of smoke inhalation, but no one was taken to hospital.

The bin was removed and the premises ventilated. The fire service said minor smoke damage was caused to the restaurant.