Four car collision closes A39 in Barnstaple
Road closed between Portmore and Bishops Tawton roundabouts following rush hour smash.
THE A39 in Barnstaple has been closed following a four car collision.
The incident occurred on the on the Bideford-bound carriageway of the Portmore roundabout at around 5pm.
Emergency services were in attendance but at this time it appears no one was seriously injured.
At 7pm the road was still closed in both directions between the Portmore and Bishops Tawton roundabouts as recovery operations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Access is possible from the Portmore roundabout on to Eastern Avenue. Heavy traffic queues are possible.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience