Four car collision closes A39 in Barnstaple
Road closed between Portmore and Bishops Tawton roundabouts following rush hour smash.
THE A39 in Barnstaple has been closed following a four car collision.
The incident occurred on the on the Bideford-bound carriageway of the Portmore roundabout at around 5pm.
Emergency services were in attendance but at this time it appears no one was seriously injured.
At 7pm the road was still closed in both directions between the Portmore and Bishops Tawton roundabouts as recovery operations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Access is possible from the Portmore roundabout on to Eastern Avenue. Heavy traffic queues are possible.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new