Former Dogs Trust Ilfracombe resident hailed as hero hound
- Credit: Archant
Former Dgs Trust Ilfracombe resident has been hailed for turning his owner’s life around.
A former Dogs Trust Ilfracombe resident has been hailed a ‘hound hero’ for turning his owner’s life around.
Ben, a 12-year-old Westie, has been with his owner Tom Harris for five years now.
Mr Harris was suffering from anxiety and depression when he decided to adopt Ben while visiting the rehoming centre in West Down back in 2011.
It was truly love at first sight and from that day on, Ben was to become not only his new owner’s constant companion but his support system too.
You may also want to watch:
While Tom found it difficult to meet new people, his four legged best friend gave him a new found purpose and helped him overcome his fears.
The pair now enjoy going out for plenty of walks, making new friends along the way and having a snooze on the sofa together after a busy day.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Mr Harris said: “Ben is an amazing little dog who has made such a difference to my life.
“While I previously found it difficult to leave the house, Ben has given me a reason to get out and about every day.
“He loves meeting new friends on our daily walks and is such a character – everyone in the area knows him and having Ben has helped me get talking to people too.
“We have formed such a bond and I can’t imagine life without him now.
“It’s plain to see that Ben is a really special dog and I couldn’t be happier that we found each other.”
Elise Watson, rehoming centre manager at Dogs Trust Ilfracombe added: “It is lovely to see our dogs rehomed, especially when they are making such a difference to people’s lives.
“We have a whole host of dogs at the centre that are just as kind and caring as Ben, ready and waiting to start a new life with a loving family.”
If you are interested in rehoming a dog, call Dogs Trust Ilfracombe on 0300 303 0292 or visit the centre at Hazeldene, West Down, North Devon, EX34 8NU.