Forches School wins healthy grant
A health and activity drive at Forches Cross Primary School in Barnstaple has help win the school a �1,000 grant.
The grant is part of the Healthy Schools Plus Award, a project which has promoted healthy eating, sensible behaviour and encouraging healthy choices at the school.
Part of this has included the enthusiastic TOPs Club, an after school group which has boosted confidence for children with low levels of activity through a variety of fun activities and events.
Other initiatives have included a salad bar added to the school dining hall, more active and happier lunchtimes and safe storage racks for bikes and scooters.
There is already new equipment on the playground, including two climbing walls, a climbing net and a log roll, thanks to the PTA fund and a community grant care by Councillor Chris Haywood.
The Healthy Schools grant will also be spent on new play equipment.
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'
- 10 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation