Forches School wins healthy grant
A health and activity drive at Forches Cross Primary School in Barnstaple has help win the school a �1,000 grant.
The grant is part of the Healthy Schools Plus Award, a project which has promoted healthy eating, sensible behaviour and encouraging healthy choices at the school.
Part of this has included the enthusiastic TOPs Club, an after school group which has boosted confidence for children with low levels of activity through a variety of fun activities and events.
Other initiatives have included a salad bar added to the school dining hall, more active and happier lunchtimes and safe storage racks for bikes and scooters.
There is already new equipment on the playground, including two climbing walls, a climbing net and a log roll, thanks to the PTA fund and a community grant care by Councillor Chris Haywood.
You may also want to watch:
The Healthy Schools grant will also be spent on new play equipment.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted