For sale: A home with a helipad
Unique chance to own Hartland lighthouse
WELL-HEELED property seekers are being offered a unique proposition in North Devon – but it would be best if they owned a helicopter.
The lighthouse at Hartland Point has been put up for sale by informal tender on the instructions of Trinity House at a guide price of �500,000.
The sale includes some 6.6 hectares of cliff and coastline, but the access road is not considered suitable for cars and lorries. It’s just as well then, that the property incorporates a helipad.
The lighthouse was built in 1874, but it is now being de-commissioned and replaced by a self-supporting LED beacon outside the premises.
You may also want to watch:
Viewing days are being held today (Wednesday)) and on Saturday, October 19 and Tuesday, November 1. Access to the lighthouse will be on foot only and children under 16 will not be permitted on site. Any offers must be made to Smiths Gore of Truro by noon on November 25.
The agents say the property will be subject to a restrictive covenant prohibiting the use of the building as a cafe or tea room and that any business use must be confined to buildings on the site at the date of sale.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
The lighthouse is perched on a rocky outcrop and has two storey accommodation plus a store block as well as the helipad.
The agents say it “represents a marvellous opportunity to acquire a unique property”.
Curving stairs lead to the first floor and cast iron ladder stairs lead to the lantern level. A hatchway leads to the outside balcony from which glorious coastal and sea views may be enjoyed.
Other accommodation includes a bathroom, living room, central lounge, kitchen, inner corridor and three bedrooms.
Smith Gore, the estate agents, may be contacted on 01872 274646.