Footballers played well in the rain
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year. But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngst
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year.
But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngsters taking part in the six-a-side tournament improved with every match, making them a pleasure to watch, in spite of the rain.
A very large thank-you should go to all who organised the event.
Ilfracombe Youth took on all-comers again to win, competing against West Down, Berrynarbor and Ilfracombe school teams, giving those spectators who stayed the course a good final needle match between Ilfracombe Youth and Berrynarbor.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you, West Down, for giving these youngsters a chance to show off their skills, even if that wasn't the sole object of the exercise. We all even took a moment to cheer the RAF Chivenor helicopter as it flew past.
S M Nutton, North Devon.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online