Footballers played well in the rain
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year. But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngst
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year.
But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngsters taking part in the six-a-side tournament improved with every match, making them a pleasure to watch, in spite of the rain.
A very large thank-you should go to all who organised the event.
Ilfracombe Youth took on all-comers again to win, competing against West Down, Berrynarbor and Ilfracombe school teams, giving those spectators who stayed the course a good final needle match between Ilfracombe Youth and Berrynarbor.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you, West Down, for giving these youngsters a chance to show off their skills, even if that wasn't the sole object of the exercise. We all even took a moment to cheer the RAF Chivenor helicopter as it flew past.
S M Nutton, North Devon.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land