Footballers played well in the rain
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year. But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngst
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year.
But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngsters taking part in the six-a-side tournament improved with every match, making them a pleasure to watch, in spite of the rain.
A very large thank-you should go to all who organised the event.
Ilfracombe Youth took on all-comers again to win, competing against West Down, Berrynarbor and Ilfracombe school teams, giving those spectators who stayed the course a good final needle match between Ilfracombe Youth and Berrynarbor.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you, West Down, for giving these youngsters a chance to show off their skills, even if that wasn't the sole object of the exercise. We all even took a moment to cheer the RAF Chivenor helicopter as it flew past.
S M Nutton, North Devon.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans