Footballers played well in the rain
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year. But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngst
SIR - It was a great shame it rained all day, more or less, getting wetter as the day wore on, so no doubt the funds raised on Saturday at West Down Village Fair will be down on last year.
But, that said, the standard of football played by all the youngsters taking part in the six-a-side tournament improved with every match, making them a pleasure to watch, in spite of the rain.
A very large thank-you should go to all who organised the event.
Ilfracombe Youth took on all-comers again to win, competing against West Down, Berrynarbor and Ilfracombe school teams, giving those spectators who stayed the course a good final needle match between Ilfracombe Youth and Berrynarbor.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you, West Down, for giving these youngsters a chance to show off their skills, even if that wasn't the sole object of the exercise. We all even took a moment to cheer the RAF Chivenor helicopter as it flew past.
S M Nutton, North Devon.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'