Football star Walcott turns to golf in North Devon
LEFT behind when the England World Cup squad flew out to South Africa, Arsenal footballer Theo Walcott was filling his time this week with some rounds of golf with friends on the Royal North Devon and Saunton golf courses in North Devon. Neither club, it
LEFT behind when the England World Cup squad flew out to South Africa, Arsenal footballer Theo Walcott was filling his time this week with some rounds of golf with friends on the Royal North Devon and Saunton golf courses in North Devon.
Neither club, it seems, was aware that he would be coming as the bookings were not made in his name.
He was one of a group of five who visited the Royal North Devon links at Westward Ho! on Monday and was happy to sign autographs and leave a photograph.
RND veteran Graham Winter said he saw a group coming off the course and got chatting. Then he noticed Theo walk past.
You may also want to watch:
"I asked the one I was talking with if he was also a footballer and he said he was and that he came from Southampton."
Saunton Golf Club general manager Peter McMullen confirmed that the group had also visited there yesterday (Tuesday).
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
"We have the occasional celebrity," he said. "He came with, I think, members of his family and he signed autographs and a couple of things for auction and memorabilia. He came across very well.