Football star Walcott turns to golf in North Devon
LEFT behind when the England World Cup squad flew out to South Africa, Arsenal footballer Theo Walcott was filling his time this week with some rounds of golf with friends on the Royal North Devon and Saunton golf courses in North Devon. Neither club, it
LEFT behind when the England World Cup squad flew out to South Africa, Arsenal footballer Theo Walcott was filling his time this week with some rounds of golf with friends on the Royal North Devon and Saunton golf courses in North Devon.
Neither club, it seems, was aware that he would be coming as the bookings were not made in his name.
He was one of a group of five who visited the Royal North Devon links at Westward Ho! on Monday and was happy to sign autographs and leave a photograph.
RND veteran Graham Winter said he saw a group coming off the course and got chatting. Then he noticed Theo walk past.
You may also want to watch:
"I asked the one I was talking with if he was also a footballer and he said he was and that he came from Southampton."
Saunton Golf Club general manager Peter McMullen confirmed that the group had also visited there yesterday (Tuesday).
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
"We have the occasional celebrity," he said. "He came with, I think, members of his family and he signed autographs and a couple of things for auction and memorabilia. He came across very well.