Foodfest returns to Barnstaple this Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Free celebration of food and drink back for a sixth annual tasting.
THE North Devon Foodfest returns to Barnstaple Pannier Market on Sunday – and organisers promise this year’s event will be the biggest yet.
The annual celebration of food will feature more than 90 local exhibitors, chef demonstrations, tastings and live music.
Entry is free, and the winners of the North Devon Food Awards will also be announced at a special ceremony held on the day, which takes place from 10am to 3.30pm.
Top chef Michael Caines of Gidleigh Park will be making a guest appearance for the third year running, providing cooking demonstrations and talking to visitors about how local food influences his cooking.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its sixth year, event organisers North Devon+ say more than 13,500 people visited last year’s event, which showcased 75 exhibitors.
Spokesperson Kristy Webbe, said: “This is a fantastic event and we urge local people to come along to see what’s on offer – it’s not only about celebrating local food and drink, it’s about supporting our suppliers, growers and traders.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple