Foodfest returns to Barnstaple this Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Free celebration of food and drink back for a sixth annual tasting.
THE North Devon Foodfest returns to Barnstaple Pannier Market on Sunday – and organisers promise this year’s event will be the biggest yet.
The annual celebration of food will feature more than 90 local exhibitors, chef demonstrations, tastings and live music.
Entry is free, and the winners of the North Devon Food Awards will also be announced at a special ceremony held on the day, which takes place from 10am to 3.30pm.
Top chef Michael Caines of Gidleigh Park will be making a guest appearance for the third year running, providing cooking demonstrations and talking to visitors about how local food influences his cooking.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its sixth year, event organisers North Devon+ say more than 13,500 people visited last year’s event, which showcased 75 exhibitors.
Spokesperson Kristy Webbe, said: “This is a fantastic event and we urge local people to come along to see what’s on offer – it’s not only about celebrating local food and drink, it’s about supporting our suppliers, growers and traders.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon