Foodbank to open new distribution centre in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
A FOODBANK distribution centre will be opening in Barnstaple tomorrow (Fri) following an increase in demand in the area.
The centre will be run by the Bideford Foodbank and will be situated at the Salvation Army Hall in Oakleigh Road.
It will open on Fridays between 10.30am and 1.30pm and provide three days of emergency food to customers on presentation of an authorised food voucher from one of the Foodbank’s registered distributors.
Terry Thorpe, of Bideford Foodbank, said: “The opening of the new Barnstaple distribution centre is the most recent expansion the Foodbank has seen taking place in the six months since it opened last July.”
The Bideford centre outgrew its premises in the High Street and is now located in a larger building in Mill Street.
You may also want to watch:
Evans Transport has also provided additional warehouse space to the charity to cope with the large amount of food donated at food collection days.
The charity is now focussing on providing more supermarket food collection days across North Devon and is looking for volunteers.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
Anyone interested can contact Bideford Foodbank on 07874 206438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front line agencies requiring information on how to register as a Foodbank Distributor can also use those contact details to request a distributor’s handbook.