Foodbank prepares for busy Christmas
New dry store needed to help Bideford project cope with expected increase in demand.
THE new Bideford Foodbank is urgently seeking a dry store facility to prepare for a busy Christmas period.
Demand for the project’s three-day emergency food boxes has steadily increased since it opened in July.
The Christians Together in Bideford facility has already moved to larger temporary premises with the support of local supermarkets and businesses but is anticipating an increase in the number of referrals during December and January.
Bideford Foodbank Ambassador Terry Thorpe said: “We are looking for a suitable dry storage facility with easy vehicular access in the Bideford area that they can use to sort and store donations of food in.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who might be able to help is asked to call 07874 206438 email email@example.com or visit the distribution centre in Mill Street on Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 10.30am and 1.30pm.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern