Foodbank appeals after supplies run ‘worryingly low’
Businesses are being invited to hold a food collection day to support the charity.
BIDEFORD Foodbank is appealing for donations after a busy first month sees supplies running ‘worryingly low’.
Terry Thorpe, of Bideford Foodbank, said: “The Foodbank provided three day’s worth of emergency food supplies for 20 people in its first month of opening.
“As a result, the food stocks have dropped worrying low and an appeal was sent out for help in replenishing their stocks.”
But several businesses have stepped in to help the charity replenish its supplies.
You may also want to watch:
ASDA Bideford’s community champion Peter Wilcox has arranged for a quarterly collection day to be held at the store throughout the year.
Following a similar day last month during which the charity collected 207kg of food, the next event will be held on September 14.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
Staff at Torridge District Council will also be holding a collection day tomorrow (Thurs) at its offices.
Mrs Thorpe said: “The Foodbank can provide shopping lists, posters and leaflets for such an event and Foodbank volunteers on the day if required.
“As there is a constant need to replenish food stocks, all donations are very gratefully received.”
The Foodbank opened its new premises in Bideford High Street last month and provides emergency food supplies to those in need.
Anyone interested in holding a food collection day can contact the Foodbank on 07874 206438 or email email@example.com