Fond farewell to long-standing employee
One of Torridge District Council’s longest serving employees had retired this month.
MEMBERS of Torridge District Council said a fond farewell to an employee who has served local government for more than 41 years.
Geoffrey West started working as a refuse loader and driver in 1970 when the district was still operated by individual borough and urban councils.
In 1974 he became an employee of the newly-formed Torridge District Council, and remained there until he retired this month.
At a long service presentation held at the Town Hall in Bideford, Councillor Barry Parsons, Leader of the Council said: “As a well respected member of the waste management team here at Torridge, Geoffrey will be missed.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not only a fantastic achievement but also a fantastic commitment to have worked for the same employer for over 41 years, and to be highly respected by the Council, work colleagues and the hundreds of residents that Geoff has provided a service to throughout his extensive career.
“We wish him a long and happy retirement and all the best for the future.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge