Fond farewell for Karen at Barnstaple college
PETROC says farewell to its director of resources Karen Trigger when she retires this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college. Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with Jan
PETROC says farewell to its director of resources Karen Trigger when she retires this month after 14 years at the Barnstaple college.
Karen was appointed as college accountant in 1995. Her job was later re-styled as head of finance and she, along with Jane Barton, chief admin officer, became the first support staff members to join the senior management team.
Karen became director of resources in 2005 and has been responsible for all of the resource areas in the college since, keeping the college running efficiently from a financial viewpoint.
It was not only at the college she has been successful. She was the first female accountant in Barnstaple and became the very first female vice principal and director of resources at the college. She attended Edgehill College and is heavily involved in the Millennium Green in Landkey.
You may also want to watch:
It was this and other such activities which won her Landkey citizen of the year.
Both of Karen's children attended Petroc, she now hopes to spend more time with them and her grandson Archie during her retirement.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"Karen is very approachable and her door is always open," said colleague Mandi Silver.
"She always shows appreciation for how hard people work."
The college would like to take this opportunity to wish Karen a very happy retirement. She has been a pleasure to work with and she will be missed.