Follies, Fables and Fantasy will delight and aid children
FOLLIES, Fables and Fantasy is a delightful collection of animal adventures and fairy tales from the pen of Barnstaple naturalist Endymion Beer, which is on sale in aid of the Children s Hospice South West. Endymion, a freelance illustrator and author, is
FOLLIES, Fables and Fantasy is a delightful collection of animal adventures and fairy tales from the pen of Barnstaple naturalist Endymion Beer, which is on sale in aid of the Children's Hospice South West.
Endymion, a freelance illustrator and author, is the youth officer of the British Naturalists Association and many of her stories will appeal particularly to children, also some are for slightly older readers and all are written for the whole family to enjoy.
Her first publication was in the North Devon Gazette 20 years ago, while attending Great Torrington Secondary School.
The short stories in this latest of her books couples the hidden world lurking just beyond the gaze of most of us in the English countryside with her own experience as a naturalist, both brought to life through her vivid imagination and her love of little creatures and empathy for 'little people' and legend.
You may also want to watch:
All are set around well-known local locations and incorporate illustrations by Endymion herself and by her friend and mentor, award-winning North Devon naturalist Trevor Beer MBE. There is a forward by North Devon MP Nick Harvey.
Follies, Fables and Fantasy is priced at �9.99 and is available from local stockists or from Halsgrove Direct on 01823 653777, with all profits from its sale going to the Children's Hospice South West.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward