Flooding chaos in North Devon
EMERGENCY services were kept busy with a string of calls this morning after heavy overnight rain had caused rivers to flood and roads to become waterlogged. Fire appliances from Hatherleigh and Holsworthy went to the aid of a woman trapped in her car by
EMERGENCY services were kept busy with a string of calls this morning after heavy overnight rain had caused rivers to flood and roads to become waterlogged.
Fire appliances from Hatherleigh and Holsworthy went to the aid of a woman trapped in her car by flood water at Sheepwash..
The car and driver were rescued from the water with the help of a local farmer. A second car at the same spot was removed from the water before the arrival of the fire fighters.
Woolacombe firemen used portable pumps when the swimming pool pump house flooded at the Golden Coast Holiday Village.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews in Bideford requested sandbags from Torridge Council when food water affected the electrics of a house in Lime Grove.
They made the electrics safe and removed most of the flood water.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
A special 4x4 Unimog fire appliance from Launceston was drafted in to help rescue 10 cows which got stuck in flood water from the River Tamar at St Giles on the Heath.