Flood warnings given for Bideford and Torridge
FLOOD warnings have been issued for the lower River Torridge from Bideford to Dolton after heavy rainfall.
The Environment Agency warned forecasters predicted more rain throughout today (Thursday) and said river levels could rise further.
The warning has been issued for riverside locations and roads between Dolton and Bideford, including New Bridge, Beaford Bridge, Taddiport, Rolle Bridge, Weare Giffard, Annery Kiln, and the A386, A3124 and B3227 at Great Torrington and Taddiport.
People living near the River Taw and Exmoor waterways have also been advised to be on their guard and to prepare.
Flooding was reported this morning on the A377 in both directions in Umberleigh between the B3227 junction and the Pound Lane junction.
You may also want to watch:
Outbreaks of rain are set to affect Devon into tonight and is forecast to be heavy at times, with the worst-affected areas receiving as much as five centimetres by the early hours. Localised flooding is possible and driving conditions will be difficult.
The Environment Agency has advised anyone concerned about flooding to call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 and enter Quickdial number 162023 for more information.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home