Flood warnings given for Bideford and Torridge
FLOOD warnings have been issued for the lower River Torridge from Bideford to Dolton after heavy rainfall.
The Environment Agency warned forecasters predicted more rain throughout today (Thursday) and said river levels could rise further.
The warning has been issued for riverside locations and roads between Dolton and Bideford, including New Bridge, Beaford Bridge, Taddiport, Rolle Bridge, Weare Giffard, Annery Kiln, and the A386, A3124 and B3227 at Great Torrington and Taddiport.
People living near the River Taw and Exmoor waterways have also been advised to be on their guard and to prepare.
Flooding was reported this morning on the A377 in both directions in Umberleigh between the B3227 junction and the Pound Lane junction.
You may also want to watch:
Outbreaks of rain are set to affect Devon into tonight and is forecast to be heavy at times, with the worst-affected areas receiving as much as five centimetres by the early hours. Localised flooding is possible and driving conditions will be difficult.
The Environment Agency has advised anyone concerned about flooding to call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 and enter Quickdial number 162023 for more information.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton