Flood warnings given for Bideford and Torridge
FLOOD warnings have been issued for the lower River Torridge from Bideford to Dolton after heavy rainfall.
The Environment Agency warned forecasters predicted more rain throughout today (Thursday) and said river levels could rise further.
The warning has been issued for riverside locations and roads between Dolton and Bideford, including New Bridge, Beaford Bridge, Taddiport, Rolle Bridge, Weare Giffard, Annery Kiln, and the A386, A3124 and B3227 at Great Torrington and Taddiport.
People living near the River Taw and Exmoor waterways have also been advised to be on their guard and to prepare.
Flooding was reported this morning on the A377 in both directions in Umberleigh between the B3227 junction and the Pound Lane junction.
You may also want to watch:
Outbreaks of rain are set to affect Devon into tonight and is forecast to be heavy at times, with the worst-affected areas receiving as much as five centimetres by the early hours. Localised flooding is possible and driving conditions will be difficult.
The Environment Agency has advised anyone concerned about flooding to call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 and enter Quickdial number 162023 for more information.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI