Flood alerts in place for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Met Office warns localised flooding is possible as more rain comes in tomorrow (Fri).
FLOOD alerts are in place across North Devon as more rain is forecast tomorrow (Friday).
Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin; the Lower Taw area from Newnham Bridge to Barnstaple and Lower Torridge including Dolton, Torrington, Bideford and Westward Ho! are all covered by the warnings.
A spokesman for the Environment Agency said: “This Flood Alert has been issued based on the weather forecast and predicted rainfall totals.
“Ground conditions are very wet and therefore river levels may rise in response to the rain in the early hours of Friday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The low level alerts were issued this afternoon (Thurs) as the Met Office issued a yellow weather warning of rain tomorrow.
A spell of heavy rain is forecast to spread to parts of Southern England and Wales and could turn to snow over high ground.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
The warning runs from 12.05am tomorrow until 12pm and forecasters warn localised flooding is possible.
If you spot any flooding in North Devon, tweet us @northdevon24 or email email@example.com