Flood alerts in place for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Met Office warns localised flooding is possible as more rain comes in tomorrow (Fri).
FLOOD alerts are in place across North Devon as more rain is forecast tomorrow (Friday).
Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin; the Lower Taw area from Newnham Bridge to Barnstaple and Lower Torridge including Dolton, Torrington, Bideford and Westward Ho! are all covered by the warnings.
A spokesman for the Environment Agency said: “This Flood Alert has been issued based on the weather forecast and predicted rainfall totals.
“Ground conditions are very wet and therefore river levels may rise in response to the rain in the early hours of Friday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The low level alerts were issued this afternoon (Thurs) as the Met Office issued a yellow weather warning of rain tomorrow.
A spell of heavy rain is forecast to spread to parts of Southern England and Wales and could turn to snow over high ground.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
The warning runs from 12.05am tomorrow until 12pm and forecasters warn localised flooding is possible.
If you spot any flooding in North Devon, tweet us @northdevon24 or email email@example.com