Flintsones wedding for Combe Martin couple
CAVEMAN capers were on the cards for a Combe Martin couple as they said yabba dabba – I do at a Flintstones themed wedding yesterday (Tuesday). Around 100 guests - in suitable stone age attire – were at the Landmark Theatre in Ilfracombe to watch as Ed
CAVEMAN capers were on the cards for a Combe Martin couple as they said "yabba dabba - I do" at a Flintstones themed wedding yesterday (Tuesday).
Around 100 guests - in suitable stone age attire - were at the Landmark Theatre in Ilfracombe to watch as Ed Robinson and Gayle Watson cemented the bedrock of their union before heading back to the Royal Marine Hotel in the village for the reception.
Fireman Ed, aged 34 and Gayle, 29, took centre stage as Fred and Wilma Flintstone, of course, while the best man was transformed into Barney Rubble and the maid of honour became Betty Rubble, with the page girl and boy naturally assuming the roles of Pebbles and Bam Bam!
There was even a "working" Flintstones car created especially for the occasion, the reception venue was transformed into a cavern and all 100 guests entered into the prehistoric spirit of the happy day by donning fashionable attire suitable for the streets of Bedrock, Fred's home town in the famous TV cartoon series..
You may also want to watch:
The couple moved to the village from Reading in September and were inspired to choose a Flintstones themed wedding by the craggy rock and cave formations at the beach in Combe Martin. Ed still works in Reading as a fire fighter, but hopes soon to transfer to the Combe Martin station.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online