Flats plan for former South Molton council offices
SOUTH Molton town council has applied for planning permission to convert its former offices into residential flats. As part of the proposals for the prominent town centre building on the corner of East Street and Duke Street, the old town council offices,
SOUTH Molton town council has applied for planning permission to convert its former offices into residential flats.
As part of the proposals for the prominent town centre building on the corner of East Street and Duke Street, the old town council offices, library and tourist information centre would be converted into six residential units - three two-bedroom and three one-bedroom.
Apart from the Tourist Information Office, the building - which is not listed but sits in the town's conservation area - has been empty since the town council and library re-located to the Amory Centre in 2008.
If the plans are approved, the Tourist Information Office would be relocated to the more prominent corner part of the building.
You may also want to watch:
It is considered to be one of the town council's main assets and architects from the David Wilson Partnership said the conversions would not alter the building's exterior appearance.
The development would also provide parking for four cars, private yards for ground floor residents, cycle parking and bin storage.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
The vacant part of the building has been used on-and-off as a temporary youth centre this year, but a brand new Youth Resource Centre is set to open in the town in February.