Flats plan for former South Molton council offices
SOUTH Molton town council has applied for planning permission to convert its former offices into residential flats. As part of the proposals for the prominent town centre building on the corner of East Street and Duke Street, the old town council offices,
SOUTH Molton town council has applied for planning permission to convert its former offices into residential flats.
As part of the proposals for the prominent town centre building on the corner of East Street and Duke Street, the old town council offices, library and tourist information centre would be converted into six residential units - three two-bedroom and three one-bedroom.
Apart from the Tourist Information Office, the building - which is not listed but sits in the town's conservation area - has been empty since the town council and library re-located to the Amory Centre in 2008.
If the plans are approved, the Tourist Information Office would be relocated to the more prominent corner part of the building.
You may also want to watch:
It is considered to be one of the town council's main assets and architects from the David Wilson Partnership said the conversions would not alter the building's exterior appearance.
The development would also provide parking for four cars, private yards for ground floor residents, cycle parking and bin storage.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
The vacant part of the building has been used on-and-off as a temporary youth centre this year, but a brand new Youth Resource Centre is set to open in the town in February.