Flat fire in Ilfracombe
Man treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
FIRE crews were scrambled to Ilfracombe last night after a fire in a third floor flat.
The incident occurred in Wilder Road at around 8.50pm.
On arrival, the two appliances from Ilfracombe, one appliance from Woolacombe and aerial ladder platform from Barnstaple discovered the fire was out on arrival.
A male casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and administered oxygen therapy.
You may also want to watch:
The small blaze had involved a grill pan and left the flat heavily smoke logged.
Crews ventilated the flat and believe the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl