Flat fire in Ilfracombe
Man treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
FIRE crews were scrambled to Ilfracombe last night after a fire in a third floor flat.
The incident occurred in Wilder Road at around 8.50pm.
On arrival, the two appliances from Ilfracombe, one appliance from Woolacombe and aerial ladder platform from Barnstaple discovered the fire was out on arrival.
A male casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and administered oxygen therapy.
You may also want to watch:
The small blaze had involved a grill pan and left the flat heavily smoke logged.
Crews ventilated the flat and believe the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI