Man treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

FIRE crews were scrambled to Ilfracombe last night after a fire in a third floor flat.

The incident occurred in Wilder Road at around 8.50pm.

On arrival, the two appliances from Ilfracombe, one appliance from Woolacombe and aerial ladder platform from Barnstaple discovered the fire was out on arrival.

A male casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and administered oxygen therapy.

The small blaze had involved a grill pan and left the flat heavily smoke logged.

Crews ventilated the flat and believe the cause of the fire was accidental.