Flamin' barbie...

A summer barbecue almost became too hot to handle after fire crews were called to deal with a burning gas regulator at a Chivenor home this afternoon (Sunday.) Upon arrival at 2.30pm today the Barnstaple crew discovered the barbecue gas regulator had caug

A summer barbecue almost became too hot to handle after fire crews were called to deal with a burning gas regulator at a Chivenor home this afternoon (Sunday.)

Upon arrival at 2.30pm today the Barnstaple crew discovered the barbecue gas regulator had caught fire but was already out.

They inspected the equipment and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots before leaving the incident at Hawkridge Road.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter