Five sausages? Under a minute? No problem...
- Credit: Archant
Be crowned North Devon’s sausage eating champion with pubs heats around the region this summer for local charity South West German Shepherd Rescue.
SCOFF five sausages in the shortest possible time and be in with a chance to win £250.
It sounds straightforward, but five bangers are not so quickly disposed of, as contestants in the heats of a North Devon wide competition are soon learning.
The event is being hosted by pubs around the region on behalf of local charity South West German Shepherd Dog Rescue, with heats in June, July, August and a grand final at the John Fowler Holidays Combe Martin Beach Park on November 2.
The next heat is at the First In, Last Out in Bideford this Saturday from 6-8pm, with sausage scoffers everywhere invited to go along on the night and enter.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, set up by Linda Lines of Northam, is desperate to raise money to bring Molly, a 10-year-old German Shepherd and her seven pups, to the UK.
She and her pups were abandoned on the roadside in Romania and left to die, but a local contact alerted Linda and the charity immediately set about working to save them.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
One pup has died, but it is hoped the rest can be brought to the UK and rehomed.
Why not have a go yourself at the following heats: June 22, Beaver Inn, Appledore 5-7pm; June 29, The Aggi, Braunton, 6-8; July 13, Rolle Quay, Barnstaple, 6-8; July 20, Sandpiper Inn, Ilfracombe, 6-8; August 3, Village Inn, Westward Ho! 6-8.
The Aggi event and sponsor Tony Reed of Reed’s Butchers can cater for those with coeliac disease if they request gluten free sausages in advance of signing up.
For more information, call Linda on 07833 300720.