Fish and chip shop nets a whopper for charity
Braunton restaurant raises more than �1,500 during Macmillian coffee morning event
STAFF at a Braunton fish and chip shop have thanked supporters following the restaurant’s most successful ever charity coffee morning.
Squires Fish Restaurant was among hundreds of venues around the country hosting events on Friday as part of Macmillan’s annual “World’s Biggest Coffee Morning” fund-raiser.
Staff at the Exeter Road business served coffee and sold raffle tickets, home made cakes and bric-a-brac, raising �1,524.86p for the cancer support charity.
Owner Cherry Squire thanked Lynne Martin and Lisa Barlow for their baking efforts; the Brend Hotels Group and the Williams Arms; as well as staff, family, friends and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the third year we have held a coffee morning for Macmillan and we’d like to thank everyone for their amazing support, especially in this climate,” said Mrs Squire.
South Molton Bowling Club also enjoyed its most successful Macmillan coffee morning.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
Its event raised �700.13p, with the help of �200 from a draw for a Christmas cake, made by Leanne Disborough. The winner was Sandra Bawden.
Club member Pat Moule said thanks were owed to all those involved.
Come Martin senior citizens raised �1,570.47p at an event held for Macmillan on September 24.