First year success for Barnstaple business
Pollyclinics marks its first anniversary — this time with guest of honour present and correct.
NEW Barnstaple business Pollyclinics has celebrated its first anniversary – this time with its official guest of honour firmly in place.
When the health and wellness centre opened at Mill Road in February 2011, North Devon MP Nick Harvey had been due to carry out the official opening but was called away unexpectedly on a trip to Afghanistan in his role as Armed Forces Minister.
But he promised to be at the first anniversary if he could and true to his word, joined owner Polly Dowden, staff and guests at an informal afternoon to mark a successful first year for the business.
The centre offers a range of therapies including kinesiology, food intolerance testing, arterial health testing and yoga classes that have proved a hit with its customers.
You may also want to watch:
So much so that it has been able to break even in its first year, always difficult for a new business.
“The response has been really positive and very encouraging,” said Polly.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
“It’s about everyday people who have an injury, pain or stress – it is a genuine way to keep well and more and more people are looking for such ways to keep healthy.”
Mr Harvey added: “It is not easy starting something up from scratch, particularly when there is not much money around, but the fact they are successful shows they are doing something people want.”