First anniversary for ferry
Service connecting two villages has carried more than 12,500 passengers.
THE reinstated Appledore Instow ferry celebrated its first anniversary last week.
June 25 marked a year to the day that the first launch took place and since then the team of volunteers and skippers has provided a service between the two villages.
Having only missed a few days due to bad weather, the ferry has carried more than 12,500 passengers in its first year.
The ferry receives funding from local businesses and individuals, as well as from the Big Lottery Fund.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.appledoreinstowferry.com
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia