First anniversary for ferry
Service connecting two villages has carried more than 12,500 passengers.
THE reinstated Appledore Instow ferry celebrated its first anniversary last week.
June 25 marked a year to the day that the first launch took place and since then the team of volunteers and skippers has provided a service between the two villages.
Having only missed a few days due to bad weather, the ferry has carried more than 12,500 passengers in its first year.
The ferry receives funding from local businesses and individuals, as well as from the Big Lottery Fund.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.appledoreinstowferry.com
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed