Firms 'lacking courtesy'
SIR – I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20. I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within
SIR - I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20.
I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within their companies.
My daughter has also applied for many jobs via e-mail, letters, phone calls and even calling in on the off chance that there may be an opening there in the future for her.
She has the qualifications and ability to easily carry out the duties of an office junior, which is where she would like to begin - not rocket science or asking for the moon is it?
Even so, I constantly see the look of disappointment which you must also endure.
It's unfortunate that many employers don't recognise these young people who put so much effort into trying to look for a career. Can they not see that they would be such an asset to any company willing to give them a try.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant