Firms 'lacking courtesy'
SIR – I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20. I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within
SIR - I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20.
I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within their companies.
My daughter has also applied for many jobs via e-mail, letters, phone calls and even calling in on the off chance that there may be an opening there in the future for her.
She has the qualifications and ability to easily carry out the duties of an office junior, which is where she would like to begin - not rocket science or asking for the moon is it?
You may also want to watch:
Even so, I constantly see the look of disappointment which you must also endure.
It's unfortunate that many employers don't recognise these young people who put so much effort into trying to look for a career. Can they not see that they would be such an asset to any company willing to give them a try.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety