Firms 'lacking courtesy'
SIR – I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20. I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within
SIR - I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20.
I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within their companies.
My daughter has also applied for many jobs via e-mail, letters, phone calls and even calling in on the off chance that there may be an opening there in the future for her.
She has the qualifications and ability to easily carry out the duties of an office junior, which is where she would like to begin - not rocket science or asking for the moon is it?
You may also want to watch:
Even so, I constantly see the look of disappointment which you must also endure.
It's unfortunate that many employers don't recognise these young people who put so much effort into trying to look for a career. Can they not see that they would be such an asset to any company willing to give them a try.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land