Firms 'lacking courtesy'
SIR – I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20. I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within
SIR - I am responding to a letter I read from M.Johns of Bideford in the Gazette dated May 20.
I would like to say that I too have experienced the lack of courtesy from local employers regarding a response to letters and applications for a career within their companies.
My daughter has also applied for many jobs via e-mail, letters, phone calls and even calling in on the off chance that there may be an opening there in the future for her.
She has the qualifications and ability to easily carry out the duties of an office junior, which is where she would like to begin - not rocket science or asking for the moon is it?
You may also want to watch:
Even so, I constantly see the look of disappointment which you must also endure.
It's unfortunate that many employers don't recognise these young people who put so much effort into trying to look for a career. Can they not see that they would be such an asset to any company willing to give them a try.
- 1 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 2 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 7 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 8 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling