Firms asked to help in travel survey
Barnstaple businesses are being offered the chance to participate in an important travel survey next year. Devon County Council will be conducting the travel tally in February to record how people get to work in the town.
Barnstaple businesses are being offered the chance to participate in an important travel survey next year.
Devon County Council will be conducting the travel tally in February to record how people get to work in the town.
The survey is the next stage in a process to develop an updated transport strategy for the town and will also feed into the Local Development Framework planning proposals for the area.
It will examine how Barnstaple can progress following the construction of the Western Bypass and Taw Bridge and the opportunities of economic growth and expansion.
You may also want to watch:
Employers are being asked to encourage staff to take part.
The survey takes place on the internet, but any company interested in taking part who would like paper copies of the survey can obtain them by calling (01392) 383349.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
County Council Leader and councillor for Barnstaple North Brian Greenslade, said: "Congestion can cost businesses money. The recent developments with the bypass and improvements in the town centre have opened the door for future investment and development. The travel tally will be an important part in how that could shape up."
Councillor Chris Haywood, County Council Vice Chairman and councillor for Barnstaple South, said: "We're on the right road with the improvements that have already been made in Barnstaple in the past year and this survey is an exciting opportunity for businesses to get involved in improving travel options that have a direct impact on all our daily lives."
Every business participating in the survey will be entered into a free prize draw to win £1,000 towards improving travel choices for its staff.