Firefighters tackle ‘deliberate’ car fire
FIRE CREWS were scrambled in Torrington in the early hours when a car involved a collision last night (Tues) was reported to be on fire.
A fire engine from Torrington was first called to the scene just before 8pm to Station Hill following a call from an ambulance that had come across a two vehicle collision.
Nobody was trapped or injured in the collision but crews made the vehicles safe and cleaned up a small amount of fuel on the highway.
Then just before 3am today (Wed) a fire crew was called out again to reports of a car on fire in a public car park on Station Hill.
Crews confirmed the car was one of the two vehicles involved in the earlier collision, and was well alight on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters used breathing apparatus and a compressed foam hose reel jet to put out the fire.
Police believe the car, which was severely damaged by the fire, was ignited deliberately and are carrying out an investigation.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted