Firefighters were called out after reports of a chimney fire in Braunton last night.
A crew was sent to South Street shortly before 8.20pm and upon arrival began investigating the chimney.
Using small tools and one hose reel jet, the officer in charge confirmed it was alight.
A fire service spokesman said: “After crews investigated they found hot spots which they began damping down using one hose reel jets, small tools and a thermal imaging camera.
“The crew remained on scene to monitor the hot spots which reduced in temperature.”