Fire wrecks barn at Bishops Tawton
A pair of vintage motorcycles have been destroyed along with other equipment after a fire at a barn in Bishops Tawton in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday.) The alarm was raised just after 2.30am, with two fire appliances plus a water carrier from
A pair of vintage motorcycles have been destroyed along with other equipment after a fire at a barn in Bishops Tawton in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday.)
The alarm was raised just after 2.30am, with two fire appliances plus a water carrier from Barnstaple called to the location in East Street. A further appliance from Braunton was also sent to the scene.
Crews discovered a fire in a single storey outbuilding used as a store and stable. Two fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used to fight the flames. The police were also in attendance.
The blaze destroyed 80 per cent of the building along with its contents, which included two vintage motorcycles, two bicycles, power tools and a small LPG gas cylinder.
An investigation will take place today to try and determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple