Fire wrecks barn at Bishops Tawton
A pair of vintage motorcycles have been destroyed along with other equipment after a fire at a barn in Bishops Tawton in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday.) The alarm was raised just after 2.30am, with two fire appliances plus a water carrier from
A pair of vintage motorcycles have been destroyed along with other equipment after a fire at a barn in Bishops Tawton in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday.)
The alarm was raised just after 2.30am, with two fire appliances plus a water carrier from Barnstaple called to the location in East Street. A further appliance from Braunton was also sent to the scene.
Crews discovered a fire in a single storey outbuilding used as a store and stable. Two fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used to fight the flames. The police were also in attendance.
The blaze destroyed 80 per cent of the building along with its contents, which included two vintage motorcycles, two bicycles, power tools and a small LPG gas cylinder.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation will take place today to try and determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?