Fire wrecks barn at Bishops Tawton
A pair of vintage motorcycles have been destroyed along with other equipment after a fire at a barn in Bishops Tawton in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday.) The alarm was raised just after 2.30am, with two fire appliances plus a water carrier from
A pair of vintage motorcycles have been destroyed along with other equipment after a fire at a barn in Bishops Tawton in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday.)
The alarm was raised just after 2.30am, with two fire appliances plus a water carrier from Barnstaple called to the location in East Street. A further appliance from Braunton was also sent to the scene.
Crews discovered a fire in a single storey outbuilding used as a store and stable. Two fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used to fight the flames. The police were also in attendance.
The blaze destroyed 80 per cent of the building along with its contents, which included two vintage motorcycles, two bicycles, power tools and a small LPG gas cylinder.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation will take place today to try and determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'