Fire service warning after Barnstaple outbreak
THE fire and rescue service has warned households to keep combustible materials away from heating sources following a call to a flat in a Barnstaple sheltered housing development at midday today (Wednesday).
Clothes next to a wall heater are believed to have been the cause of the outbreak in Water Lane, Newport.
A spokesman from Barnstaple fire station said there was a small fire involving smouldering clothes. This had produced a significant amount of smoke, which was noticed by the warden of the development.
Two fire appliances from Barnstaple attended the scene and used
breathing apparatus, a hose reel and ventilation equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The outbreak was in the ground floor bedroom of the two storey building.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton