Fire service warning after Barnstaple outbreak
THE fire and rescue service has warned households to keep combustible materials away from heating sources following a call to a flat in a Barnstaple sheltered housing development at midday today (Wednesday).
Clothes next to a wall heater are believed to have been the cause of the outbreak in Water Lane, Newport.
A spokesman from Barnstaple fire station said there was a small fire involving smouldering clothes. This had produced a significant amount of smoke, which was noticed by the warden of the development.
Two fire appliances from Barnstaple attended the scene and used
breathing apparatus, a hose reel and ventilation equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The outbreak was in the ground floor bedroom of the two storey building.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home