Christmas pudding falls casualty to small fire in Barnstaple flat last night (Monday).

Fire fighters were called out to a fire involving a Christmas pudding last night (Monday).

Two fire engines from Barnstaple raced to Barum Court at 7.45pm after reports of a smoke detector sounding.

They discovered there had been a small fire involving a Christmas pudding in a microwave.

A fire spokesman said: “The damage was confined to the Christmas pudding itself.”

Crews made the area safe and ventilated the property.