Fire fighters were called out to a house in Chulmleigh after reports of a fire in an airing cupboard.

Fire crews from Chulmleigh, South Molton and Witheridge attended the scene at Leigh Villas at around 5am this morning (Monday).

Upon arrival, crews located the fire within an airing cupboard of property and set to work extinguishing it using two breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet.

After putting out the flames they ventilated the property of smoke.

The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.