Fire fighters tackle roof blaze
Four fire engines were scrambled to the scene in Monkleigh last night (Wed).
FIRE FIGHTERS were scrambled to reports of a roof on fire early yesterday (Wed) evening in Monkleigh.
Two fire engines from Bideford arrived at the scene at 6pm after the caller phoned to say his roof had caught fire.
The crews found smoke issuing from the roof and further appliances from Torrington and Appledore were quickly called.
The fire involved a wood burner in a single storey extension which caused a fire in two separate roof spaces.
You may also want to watch:
Crews used eight breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one covering jet and one compressed air foam jet to fight the blaze.
The roof was left 50 per cent damaged by the fire.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened