Fire fighters tackle roof blaze
Four fire engines were scrambled to the scene in Monkleigh last night (Wed).
FIRE FIGHTERS were scrambled to reports of a roof on fire early yesterday (Wed) evening in Monkleigh.
Two fire engines from Bideford arrived at the scene at 6pm after the caller phoned to say his roof had caught fire.
The crews found smoke issuing from the roof and further appliances from Torrington and Appledore were quickly called.
The fire involved a wood burner in a single storey extension which caused a fire in two separate roof spaces.
You may also want to watch:
Crews used eight breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one covering jet and one compressed air foam jet to fight the blaze.
The roof was left 50 per cent damaged by the fire.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford