Fire fighters tackle Barnstaple bedsit blaze
Road closed following Newport Terrace fire.
A man had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at Newport Terrace in Barnstaple last night (Thursday.)
Fire crews from Barnstaple and Bideford discovered a small fire in the bathroom of a ground floor bedsit after several 999 calls were made at around 6.45pm.
Four fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and used a covering hose jet to deal with the flames, before ventilation equipment was used to get rid of the smoke.
The casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service. The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officers are looking into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising