Fire fighters tackle Barnstaple bedsit blaze
Road closed following Newport Terrace fire.
A man had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at Newport Terrace in Barnstaple last night (Thursday.)
Fire crews from Barnstaple and Bideford discovered a small fire in the bathroom of a ground floor bedsit after several 999 calls were made at around 6.45pm.
Four fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and used a covering hose jet to deal with the flames, before ventilation equipment was used to get rid of the smoke.
The casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service. The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officers are looking into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI