Fire fighters tackle Barnstaple bedsit blaze
Road closed following Newport Terrace fire.
A man had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at Newport Terrace in Barnstaple last night (Thursday.)
Fire crews from Barnstaple and Bideford discovered a small fire in the bathroom of a ground floor bedsit after several 999 calls were made at around 6.45pm.
Four fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and used a covering hose jet to deal with the flames, before ventilation equipment was used to get rid of the smoke.
The casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service. The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officers are looking into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl