Fire fighters tackle barn blaze near Chulmleigh
Crews spent nearly three hours combatting the blaze involving twenty bales of hay.
FIRE CREWS have been battling a blaze near Chulmleigh this morning (Monday) in a barn.
Three fire engines from Torrington, Chulmleigh and Hatherleigh as well as a water bowser from Barnstaple were called to the scene at Furze Barton, at Ashreigney, just after 6am.
Fire fighters have spent the last few hours tackling the blaze in the farm building which involved twenty bales of hay.
Crews used two hosereel jets and a main jet with water supplied from a street hydrant as well as breathing apparatus.
You may also want to watch:
After hosing down the flames for more than two hours, crews turned over and dampened down the area and reported the fire out at 8.55am.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford