Fire fighters tackle barn blaze near Chulmleigh
Crews spent nearly three hours combatting the blaze involving twenty bales of hay.
FIRE CREWS have been battling a blaze near Chulmleigh this morning (Monday) in a barn.
Three fire engines from Torrington, Chulmleigh and Hatherleigh as well as a water bowser from Barnstaple were called to the scene at Furze Barton, at Ashreigney, just after 6am.
Fire fighters have spent the last few hours tackling the blaze in the farm building which involved twenty bales of hay.
Crews used two hosereel jets and a main jet with water supplied from a street hydrant as well as breathing apparatus.
You may also want to watch:
After hosing down the flames for more than two hours, crews turned over and dampened down the area and reported the fire out at 8.55am.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat