Fire fighters tackle barn blaze near Chulmleigh
Crews spent nearly three hours combatting the blaze involving twenty bales of hay.
FIRE CREWS have been battling a blaze near Chulmleigh this morning (Monday) in a barn.
Three fire engines from Torrington, Chulmleigh and Hatherleigh as well as a water bowser from Barnstaple were called to the scene at Furze Barton, at Ashreigney, just after 6am.
Fire fighters have spent the last few hours tackling the blaze in the farm building which involved twenty bales of hay.
Crews used two hosereel jets and a main jet with water supplied from a street hydrant as well as breathing apparatus.
You may also want to watch:
After hosing down the flames for more than two hours, crews turned over and dampened down the area and reported the fire out at 8.55am.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton